Give Your Book the Publicity It Deserves
One of the best ways to promote your book online is through bloggers. Many authors have realized this and have taken advantage of reviews and publicities that the blogging world can offer.
In fact, Tim Ferriss, author of The 4 Hour Work Week claims that it was publicity from other bloggers that kept the book on the New York Times Best Seller list for over 4 years and helped it to sell over 1.350,000 copies. He didn’t do traditional book tours at all.
And who can blame him? Book store signings for new authors attract very few people. Even best selling authors struggle to attract an abundance of readers. So why go to the trouble and expense of a traditional book tour when you can use the help of bloggers to reach thousands of buyers for your book?
Book Tour FAQ
A Virtual Book Tour includes:
1. Tour Management:
- Sending Invite to bloggers
- Managing bloggers dates and how they will be participating
- NEW: We keep you up to date with a special online tour schedule. Where you can see all stops, to-do lists, contacts for guest posts and interviews, raffle code for the giveaway, download for tour banners and more
2. Putting Together the Media Kit:
- Media Kit includes: blogger rules, review guidelines, master schedule, excerpts, social media and buy links, giveaway raffle html codes, blurb, html custom made guest post doc, author bio, and author picture.
- Distributing ARCs to bloggers
- NEW: ARC’s can also be send ONLY direct to @kindle.com emails (unless author asks for alternative delivery -e.g.: Netgalley widget or Edelweiss) or if the reviewer don’t have a @kindle.com email.
3. Promoting the Tour:
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Google +
- NEW: Facebook Events page of Paranormal Cravings and Cravings FACEBOOK GROUP- Book Tours & Reviews for bloggers and authors
4. Design your Tour Page
- Each tour will have a Tour Page on ParanormalCravings.com with a cover link from the Home Page
5. Design of Tour Graphics:
- Large Blog Tour Banner
- Small Blog Tour Banner
6. Giveaway (optional)
- Giveaways are optional but they do increase participation from readers
- Giveaway promotions are administered via Rafflecopter
- Rafflecopter event will last for a period of five days.
- The purchase and distribution of the giveaway prizes are the author’s responsibility
- Paranormal Cravings will create and manage the Rafflecopterevent
- We will draw the individual winners and provide their information to the author. It is the author’s responsibility to notify the winners via email.
To discover how you can get the best publicity possible for your book, check out our tour packages by CLICKING ON THE TABS BELOW)
- Book Trailer Reveal ($40)
- Cover Reveal or Release Day Promo TOUR ($50)
- Review Only Tour ($50) + Reviews on amazon and Goodreads if possible *
- Medium Promo (min 10 mixed tour stops, 2 weeks long) ($75)
- Big Bang (min 20-25 mixed tour stops, 1 month long) ($140)
- Super TOUR (30+ mixed tour stops, spread over 2 months+Custom Press Release + Goodreads Advertising for value $15) ($240)
- Need more? We also have 3 months tours and STORM Tours of over 100 stops/reviews on request!
*= Please note that reviews will be honest and positive reviews are not guaranteed, Bloggers will be asked to also post review to Goodreads/Amazon in addition to their blog.
All tours are inclusive Online Tour progress form, Personalized Tour Page, Custom designed Tour Banners (2) one large banner, one large advertisement, advertising the tour with your book cover included. Social Media shouts on Paranormal Cravings Facebook, Twitter and those of the reviewers. Media Kit, Featured space in our Paranormal Cravings E-Magazine. When we have time we also make a special mini book trailer for on the tour page and You Tube. But that does take over 4 hours per trailer so we can’t provide this to all our authors.
All the extra packages can be purchased by itself or in combination with one of the tour packages
- *new* Arc Distribution ($10)
- Playlist (no extra costs)
- Pinterest (board of book of character) (no extra costs)
- Press Release (+100 Newspapers and Magazines)($35)
If you schedule your own tour. The services below can be booked as stand-alone or with one of our tours.
- *new* Dedicated Newsletter (to our bloggers and subscribers of paranormal cravings)($35) The dedicated newsletter can be sent on any day of the month, as well as a separate post on our website and posted on our Social Media pages
- Tour PAGE on Paranormal Cravings ($50)
- Tour Blog/website ($100)
- Twitter party ($30)
- Book Tour BANNER (are already included in tour packages) ($10)
- Facebook Header Design($15)
- Twitter Background Design ($15)
- Special Banner or header on request for your site! ($15)
- Includes Book Blurb, Cover, Author Bio and Social Media Links, Goodreads Link, Buy Links, Excerpt or first chapter (If Available), as well as any other Promotional Materials Provided by Client.
- Reviews are offered to participating hosts (Galley provided by client or publisher)
- Custom Blog Tour Banner
- Media Kit Provided for the Blog Tour
- Social Media Promotions onParanormal Cravings Facebook Page (+7500 likes) and Twitter Page (@paranormalcravi)
- Tour Sign-up on Blog Site, and Paranormal Cravings Website
- Management of Giveaway via Rafflecopter (Recommended)
Start your tour here!
(Fill out this form to start your tour)
- Tours need to be booked at least 4 weeks in advance and will include a minimum of tour stops depending on the chosen tour. The author/publisher agrees to ship copies of their book and requested Guest Posts to the bloggers hosting tour stops, to arrive at least 3 weeks prior to their tour dates.
Authors on tour will be featured at www.paranormalcravings.com and connected Social Media for time till and during the tour. Each individual tour stop will feature a photo of the book, (if chosen)a review, links to the author’s website, blog, and purchasing information.
Our experience is that authors who interact with tour hosts and make themselves available for guest posting, interviews, question and answer sessions with blog commenters, and who respond to comments will have the greatest success from their tour!
How We Can Help You to Get Bloggers to Write About Your Book
Most authors don’t have connections with hundreds of bloggers who are willing to promote their book. That is where Paranormal Cravings come in. We realize how valuable bloggers are when it comes to book publicity, so we created Online Book Tours.
We have a team of over 900 Book Tour Hosts who already have a great internet presence and huge followings. And if you opt to promote your book through one of our Online Book Tours, the team will publicize it for you in many ways on their blogs including:
- Author Interviews
- Promotional Blog Posts
- Author Guest Posts
- Social Media Shout Outs
An Online Book Tour is an effective and affordable way of getting the word out about your book. And our tours are affordable and simple to arrange. We take care of everything for you, including blog tour banners, marketing advice and scheduling the tours with our team of bloggers.
Here is in short the routine we do for scheduling the tours
- Send the author a confirmation of the tour request (We send you a WORD-DOC to fill out with all info)
- We confirm you the actual TOUR period/date
- Progress your returned WORD-DOC. (In this stage we like to have received from you all info, images, giveaway info and review copies)
- We set up the Tour page on Paranormal Cravings where Blog Hosts can sign up for your tour or find info. This is also the place where you find your up-to-date tour schedule and changes.
- Send out the newsletter to all our 600+ Blog Hosts with your tour info, links, about, cover and Sign – up Button.
- We receive the replies from the Blog Hosts
- We email the Author a DRAFT Tour Schedule, and make changes if necessary.
<–Point of no return–>
- We have a GO at this point from the Author to send out confirmations together with the review copies that we have received from you/ or we send you a list with contacts so the author, publisher or third like Netgalley or Edelweiss can send out the review copies/download options.
- Send CONFIRMATION EMAIL to all participating bloggers: The final tour schedule with MEDIA KIT, review copies, excerpts, buy and contact links, about, blurb etc.
- We collect all interviews from the bloggers and specs from bloggers who opted for a Guest post and send them to the author.
- We send the author an LINK to the Online PROGRESS FILE of the tour: an update with the how’s and when’s- neat list of stops/dates and guest post that have to be written by author, interviews that have to be filled out etc. For a promo the author don’t have to do anything.
- ONE WEEK BEFOR THE TOUR STARTS: All guest posts and all interviews answers have to be send to the blog hosts by author
- Before the tour start we send out a reminder to all bloggers (In case they are missing something, the book they signed-up to review was dissapointing or mail was send to SPAM box) With no news bloggers at this point, we are ready for your tour and your tour is ready to START!
- We keep each other up-to date through the online tour file. (Direct links to the posts, missed stops, winners of the GA’s after the tour)
What do you get
- Access to over 600 Blog Hosts
- Free Tour trailer (see conditions below)
- Free book banners
- Free Tour page
- Media Kit
- ONLINE TOUR SCHEDULE FORM to follow the progress of your tour *new*
(Online excel file with all info, links, social media links drom your hosts, direct links to your posts and giveaway winners)
*We update this form every Wednesday and Friday (occ. also in weekends)
We specialize in organizing tours for the following genres:
• PARANORMAL ROMANCE = PNR
• URBAN FANTASY = UF
• YOUNG ADULT (MATURE) = YA
• CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE = CR
• HISTORICAL ROMANCE = HR
• EROTIC ROMANCE = ER
• SCIENCE FICTION = SF
But of course other are welcome
Examples Tour Banners
Download here the PC_tour_prizelist_2014TOURS and EXTRA’s Prize list
Tours are affordable and very easy for you to promote your book. I can set you up with the appropriate bloggers and design blog tour banners, Twitter backgrounds to get your started. Just let me know if you are interested.Book Tour FAQ
Praises from our Authors:
“I love your services! The release day blitzes and the blog tours are fabulous — yours are the best I’ve seen out there. I’ll be using your services again for the next book and recommending you too! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” – Dani Harper
“I want say a great big thank you to Iris at Paranormal Cravings. She guided me through the Vicious Moon book tour with her wonderful professional skills. I’d recommend her to anyone who might need her services. She has a really great site for reviews, etc.” – Lee Roland
“Iris (Paranormal Cravings) made the book promotion process stress-free and fun! As a busy author, this is a plus. I was pleasantly surprised at the quick responses and impact my book tour had on sales and my visibility. I will most certainly use Paranormal Cravings again and HIGHLY recommend them.” – Ambrielle Kirk
Your service is greatly appreciated—and very professional. I will be certain to sing your praises!- J.T. Bock
Big thank you to Iris for another great experience with Paranormal Cravings! – Natalie Acres
I am only half-way through and it has been so much better than I could ever hope for as a new author. I have already highly recommended this service to a friend and will continue to do so in the future. I will be back to schedule another tour as soon as possible!
Here is a secret for all the other new authors like me. Reviewers are extremely busy, and having a tour host puts you at the front of the line. Iris and her vast network of bloggers and reviewers will treat you like a VIP, and guide you step-by-step through a month long whirlwind tour to remember! – R.L. King***Terms and Conditions***
- Author/publisher is responsible for getting Guest Posts and Interviews on time to the Blog Hosts.
- Author/publisher must have review copies ready at least 1 month before the tour starts.
- Once the planning process starts, tour is non-refundable.
- If booking a book tour with us, please make sure that you don’t book a tour with another tour host until after 30 days after the tour. It takes time and effort to organize an effective tour and having multiple tours around the same time can affect the outcome of the tour.
- Payments made through PayPal. Payment due upon receipt.